It is often after a life threatening instance such as a heart attack that people ask “what is cardiac rehabilitation?” A complete cardiac rehabilitation program, like Crittenton’s, focuses on getting patients back to their daily routines by teaching lifestyle changes and how to take simple but impactful steps toward improved heart health.
If you find yourself having to visit Crittenton’s Cardiac Rehabilitation program here are some things to keep in mind:
- Take some time before your appointment to set some goals for your heart health. When you arrive, talk to our staff about your medical history and current medications.
- Crittenton will create a personal treatment and exercise plan, but remember to ask questions about any concerns.
- During rehab visits, you may be weighed then asked to exercise while hooked up to a device that records your heart activity.
- Physical activity may include aerobic, flexibility and strengthening activities.
- Crittenton staff may also discuss how to make healthy food choices, how to manage your health and how to deal with health issues associated with a heart condition.
At Crittenton, the Cardiac Rehabilitation program focuses not only on education but prevention as well. Our staff works with patients on fitness to regain heart strength, and to provide diet advice. Through these steps, Crittenton strives toward reducing the risk of future hospitalization. It’s just one of the ways we help amazing people like you, get back to your best, amazingly fast.
The Crittenton Cardiac Rehabilitation program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. This national organization ensures that the scope of a facility’s program meets the essential standards of care in providing cardiac and pulmonary services. Learn more about the Crittenton Cardiology Rehabilitation Program or find a Crittenton doctor today.