Saturday January 10, 2015
Knowing what to expect prior to the birth of your baby will go a long way towards helping prepare you and your family. Whether you are planning to give birth naturally or with the assistance of medications, this class is designed to help an expectant mother and her support partner prepare for the birth of her baby. For your comfort, we recommend completing this class 2-3 months before your due date. Please bring a blanket and 2 pillows.
This condensed class includes the most important information covered in the 4-week series:
- Tips for staying comfortable at the end of pregnancy
- How to know when labor begins
- What to pack for the hospital
- What to expect in labor through the birth of your baby
- Techniques to help cope with the challenges of labor
- Medical options for labor and delivery
- Cesarean birth
- Recovery after delivery
- Normal newborns
- A tour of the Birthplace
There will be a break for lunch. You may bring a lunch or purchase one at the cafeteria or a nearby restaurant.