The following information will help you be prepared for your surgery.
- Leave all jewelry, money and valuables at home.
- Do not wear makeup, perfume or aftershave.
- You must arrange for a responsible adult to drive you home. It is recommended that you have a responsible adult stay with you during surgery if at all possible. Someone should also stay with you the evening of surgery.
- If your scheduled appointment time changes, you will be called the day before surgery between 3:00-4:30 p.m. Call us at 248-652-5306 to confirm your time if you are hard to reach.
- If you have not received instructions from the hospital within 48 hours of your surgery date, please call 248-652-5306 between 1-4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Because of last minute cancellations and emergencies, your surgical time is always subject to change. You may be called the day of surgery to come in at a different time. Please be available at your contact telephone number.’
- Bring your insurance card or Medicare card to Registration when you check in.
- Complete preliminary admission procedures with the Outpatient Admitting Department.
- Wear a sweat suit or comfortable, loose clothing.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight. If you are taking prescription medications, you will receive special instructions.
Click here to download a printable version of this checklist > NEED TO ADD