The Birthplace at Crittenton is home to expertly trained obstetricians and a skilled, compassionate staff. From prenatal care to birth, Crittenton is dedicated to you and your family.
The following are highlights Crittenton’s Birthplace offers:
- Suites with spacious accommodations for friends and family
- State-of-the-art infant security system, which protects both the mom and the baby
- Family and Pregnancy Health Classes: Through a variety of family health and pregnancy classes, we help prevent disease and injury, promote healthy behaviors and improve the quality of life for families.
- Watching Baby Grow with the Ages and Stages online developmental survey, allows parents to follow their baby’s growth for the first three years.
This ongoing group is designed for parents and their babies, between 3 to 6 months age. The group is facilitated by leader with expertise in children and parenting. Each meeting will consist of information about parenting, growth and development, and safety as well as time to network with other parents. Parents and their babies will enjoy getting to know others who are at the same stage of parenting. Meetings alternate between Thursday evening and Saturday morning once a month. Parents and their babies are encouraged to attend as many times as they wish. Registration is free.
Mommy Monday Walking Group:
This group meets Monday mornings from 10:30 -11:30 am at the Village of Rochester Hills from May through October (weather permitting). This is a great way to get some fresh air, a little exercise and meet some new friends.
Note: Some classes do charge a fee, please see specific web link for charges and class schedules.
- Crittenton Hospital Medical Center is working in partnership with your physician to provide education, resources, and support throughout your pregnancy and the parenting years. We understand that learning what to expect prior to the birth of your baby will help prepare you and your family during pregnancy and after delivery. Our Parent Navigator is available to help with the transitions of pregnancy and beyond. Please contact Laura Mulligan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 652-5919 for assistance.
- eClass Childbirth Education—This is an eLearning class for those that may be on bed rest, have hectic schedules, or may just need a refresher and do not want to attend a class onsite. Learn at your own pace at a time that is convenient for you. A birthplace tour and skills night are included.
- Prepared Childbirth Education Classes—Crittenton offers a variety of comprehensive expectant and new parent classes. They include Cesarean Section Delivery, Prepared Childbirth, Prepared Childbirth Express, and Preparing for Breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding Support Services—Outpatient appointments are available with a lactation consultant for moms who are having breastfeeding problems or concerns. For additional information or to make an appointment, please call (248) 652-5269.
- Big Brother Big Sister—This special class for siblings-to be can help them learn about the coming event in a positive way. Tour the newborn nursery and learn where mom will stay. For children ages 3 and up.
- Online Baby Care and Safety—This online program focuses on feeding your newborn, baby care/safety and mother care, post-delivery.
Breast Feeding Cafe
- Breastfeeding provides optimal nutrition and bonding for your infant, however, it does not always come easy. Some mothers may need more support and education about breastfeeding. This group meets weekly with a certified Lactation Consultant to discuss common breastfeeding concerns, answer your specific questions, and meet with other mothers that are experiencing the same things. This informal meeting is not a class or an individual consultation; however, the Lactation Consultant will provide you with support and education. Individual consultations are available by appointment for a fee. Mothers are encouraged to bring their babies on Wednesday mornings, 11:00am-12:00pm, to Crittenton Hospital’s classroom 2E, located in the North building. No registration required. FREE. For more information, contact Laura Mulligan at 248-652-5919 or email@example.com.
- Parent Talk Workshop—This two-session workshop is designed to help parents use effective verbal skills to raise responsible, caring, and confident children. Based on the book Parent Talk, this is a communication system that models and promotes respect, encourages appropriate behavior, and delivers consequences and discipline when children choose behaviors that are inappropriate.
Watching Baby Grow
- Crittenton and Great Parents, Great Start offer the Ages and Stages online developmental survey, allowing parents to follow their baby’s growth for the first three years. Age appropriate activities are provided with the completion of each survey.
CPR and Safety
- CPR for Friends and Family—This non-certification program teaches lay rescuers how help someone chocking and perform CPR on adults, children, and infants.
- Mothers and More—Oakland County Chapter—A nonprofit membership organization that cares for you as a mother. The Oakland County Chapter meets at Crittenton on the first Tuesday of each month, 7:30 pm. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Leche League
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
- Oakland County Moms
Pregnancy Week-by-Week email
Subscribe to a pregnancy week by week email list for information on healthy birth practices, from nutrition during pregnancy to measures that will help you feel more comfortable during labor. You’ll be able to navigate your journey to motherhood with confidence.