The Birthplace at Crittenton is home to expertly trained obstetricians and a skilled, compassionate staff. From prenatal care to birth, Crittenton is dedicated to you and your family.
The following are highlights Crittenton’s Birthplace offers:
- Suites with spacious accommodations for friends and family
- State-of-the-art infant security system, which protects both the mom and the baby
- Family and Pregnancy Health Classes: Through a variety of family health and pregnancy classes, we help prevent disease and injury, promote healthy behaviors and improve the quality of life for families.
- eClass Childbirth Education—This is an eLearning class for those that may be on bed rest, have hectic schedules, or may just need a refresher and do not want to attend a class onsite. Learn at your own pace at a time that is convenient for you. A birthplace tour and skills night are included.
- Prepared Childbirth Education Classes—Crittenton offers a variety of comprehensive expectant and new parent classes. They include Cesarean Section Delivery, Prepared Childbirth, Prepared Childbirth Express, and Preparing for Breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy week-by-week email — This email provides information on healthy birth practices, from nutrition during pregnancy to measures that will help you feel more comfortable during labor.
- Breastfeeding Support Services—Outpatient appointments are available with a lactation consultant for moms who are having breastfeeding problems or concerns. For additional information or to make an appointment, please call (248) 652-5269.
- Big Brother Big Sister—This special class for siblings-to be can help them learn about the coming event in a positive way. Tour the newborn nursery and learn where mom will stay. For children ages 3 and up.
- Online Baby Care and Safety—This online program focuses on feeding your newborn, baby care/safety and mother care, post-delivery.
- Breastfeeding provides optimal nutrition and bonding for your infant, but it does not always come easy. This weekly group, led by a certified lactation consultant, is designed to provide support and education on common breastfeeding concerns. Mothers are encouraged to bring their babies. For more information, contact Laura Mulligan at 248-652-5919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When: Wednesday mornings, 11:00 AM-12:00 PM
- Where: Crittenton Hospital’s classroom 2E, located in the North building
- No registration required and there is no fee
- Crittenton and Great Parents, Great Start offer the Ages and Stages online developmental survey, allowing parents to follow their baby’s growth for the first three years. Age appropriate activities are provided with the completion of each survey.
- CPR for Friends and Family—This non-certification program teaches lay rescuers how help someone chocking and perform CPR on adults, children, and infants.