The Birthplace at Crittenton is home to expertly trained obstetricians and a skilled, compassionate staff. From prenatal care to birth, Crittenton is dedicated to you and your family.
The following are highlights Crittenton’s Birthplace offers:
- Suites with spacious accommodations for friends and family
- State-of-the-art infant security system, which protects both the mom and the baby
- Family and Pregnancy Health Classes: Through a variety of family health and pregnancy classes, we help prevent disease and injury, promote healthy behaviors and improve the quality of life for families.
- Watching Baby Grow with the Ages and Stages online developmental survey, allows parents to follow their baby’s growth for the first three years.
Mommy Monday Walking Group:
This group meets Monday mornings from 10:30 -11:30 am at the Village of Rochester Hills from May through October (weather permitting). This is a great way to get some fresh air, a little exercise and meet some new friends.
Annual Skin Cancer Screening Event
Crittenton is hosting a free skin cancer screening with our dermatologists. Educational information and referrals will be available. To make an appointment, call (248) 652-5269.
Parent – Child Yoga Class
May 15, 22, & 29
This class is designed to introduce parent and child fun ways to stretch, tone, strengthen, and teach flexibility through various movements in yoga. It is a gentle way to introduce your child to a lifelong habit of staying healthy and active!
Click here to register.
Infant Massage Class
Taught by a Certified Infant Massage Instructor, this class will teach parents the art of infant massage which helps promote baby’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development. Designed for parents and their infants ages 2 weeks to 4 months. Click here to register.
April Child Health Series
Childhood Diabetes Monday
April 15, 2013 7-8:30pm Free
Presented by A1C Champions. Living with diabetes can impact the entire family. “Our Diabetes Journey—for Parents and Kids” is an interactive program that will explore the challenges children face and cover ways to help them successfully manage diabetes. It is for children ages 7-16 and their parents.
Bones and Children
Monday, April 22, 2013 7-8:30pm Free
Presented by Crittenton. “Kids and Their Bones: Why Childhood is an Important time for Bone Development” is a program about the importance of healthy habits that promote bone development at an early age, which helps prevent osteoporosis later in life. This program is for children ages 7-16 and their parents.
Note: Some classes do charge a fee, please see specific web link for charges and class schedules.
- eClass Childbirth Education—This is an eLearning class for those that may be on bed rest, have hectic schedules, or may just need a refresher and do not want to attend a class onsite. Learn at your own pace at a time that is convenient for you. A birthplace tour and skills night are included.
- Prepared Childbirth Education Classes—Crittenton offers a variety of comprehensive expectant and new parent classes. They include Prepared Childbirth, Prepared Childbirth Refresher, Prepared Childbirth Express, Vaginal Birth after Cesarean, and Preparing for Breastfeeding.
- Breastfeeding Support Services—Outpatient appointments are available with a lactation consultant for moms who are having breastfeeding problems or concerns. For additional information or to make an appointment, please call (248) 652-5269.
- Big Brother Big Sister—This special class for siblings-to be can help them learn about the coming event in a positive way. Tour the newborn nursery and learn where mom will stay. For children ages 3 and up.
- Parent Talk Workshop—This two-session workshop is designed to help parents use effective verbal skills to raise responsible, caring, and confident children. Based on the book Parent Talk, this is a communication system that models and promotes respect, encourages appropriate behavior, and delivers consequences and discipline when children choose behaviors that are inappropriate.
Watching Baby Grow
- Crittenton and Great Parents, Great Start offer the Ages and Stages online developmental survey, allowing parents to follow their baby’s growth for the first three years. Age appropriate activities are provided with the completion of each survey.
- Take a journey with your 4-to 6-year old, learning ways to gain strength, flexibility, and exercise through yoga. Five-week sessions.
CPR and Safety
- CPR for Friends and Family—This non-certification program teaches lay rescuers how help someone chocking and perform CPR on adults, children, and infants.
- Mothers and More—Oakland County Chapter—A nonprofit membership organization that cares for you as a mother. The Oakland County Chapter meets at Crittenton on the first Tuesday of each month, 7:30 pm. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- La Leche League
- Macaroni Kids
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
- Oakland County Moms