The Birthplace at Crittenton is home to expertly trained obstetricians and a skilled, compassionate staff. From prenatal care to birth, Crittenton is dedicated to you and your family.
The following are highlights Crittenton’s Birthplace offers:
- Suites with spacious accommodations for friends and family.
- State-of-the-art infant security system, which protects both the mom and the baby.
- A welcome gift basket of goodies in celebration of mom and baby, and a special post-birth dinner, delivered with 5-star elegance, for mom and her support person to mark this new beginning.
- Family and Pregnancy Health Classes: Through a variety of family health and pregnancy classes, we help prevent disease and injury, promote healthy behaviors and improve the quality of life for families.
- Online Childbirth Education—This is an eLearning class for those that may be on bed rest, have hectic schedules, or may just need a refresher and do not want to attend a class onsite. Learn at your own pace at a time that is convenient for you. A birthplace tour and skills night are included.
- Prepared Childbirth Education Classes—Crittenton offers a variety of comprehensive expectant and new parent classes. They include Cesarean Section Delivery, Prepared Childbirth, Prepared Childbirth Express, and Preparing for Breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy week-by-week email — This email provides information on healthy birth practices, from nutrition during pregnancy to measures that will help you feel more comfortable during labor.
- Breastfeeding Support Services—Outpatient appointments are available with a lactation consultant for moms who are having breastfeeding problems or concerns. For additional information or to make an appointment, please call (248) 652-5269. Download our helpful breastfeeding tips.
- Big Brother Big Sister—This special class for siblings-to be can help them learn about the coming event in a positive way. Tour the newborn nursery and learn where mom will stay. For children ages 3 and up.
- Online Baby Care and Safety—This online program focuses on feeding your newborn, baby care/safety and mother care, post-delivery.
Crittenton Hospital Medical Center staff will actively support breastfeeding as the preferred method of providing nutrition to infants when possible. We are dedicated to providing education and support to pregnant and breastfeeding women to increase their success.
Services provided to patients include:
- Prenatal Breastfeeding Class – Taught by a certified lactation consultant, this class will teach pregnant women and their support person what they need to know to get off to a great start.
- In-patient Care – Our nursing staff are trained to assist with breastfeeding and providing breastfeeding education. Inpatient lactation consultations are available for problems or specific concerns.
- Follow-up Call – All patients that deliver will receive a follow-up call from a registered nurse/lactation consultant to address any issues, including breastfeeding. Patients may also contact the lactation consultant for phone support at any time.
- Out-patient Care – Outpatient consultations are available with a lactation consultant by appointment for moms who are having breastfeeding problems or concerns. Fee paid at time of service; however, some insurance plans may cover with a written referral.
- Breastfeeding Café – This group meets monthly with a certified Lactation Consultant to discuss common breastfeeding concerns, answer specific questions, and meet with other mothers that are experiencing the same things. Registration is not required; however, please check the schedule for date & time.
- Coffective Mobile App – Find out more about breastfeeding topics on the free Coffective mobile app. Just search for “Coffective” in the app store. Download and start learning today!
Learn more about Parenting Resources, Breast Care, and OB Services.
To register for classes, visit www.crittenton.com/classes or call 248-652-5919 for additional information or to make an appointment.
- Crittenton and Great Parents, Great Start offer the Ages and Stages online developmental survey, allowing parents to follow their baby’s growth for the first three years. Age appropriate activities are provided with the completion of each survey.
- CPR for Friends and Family—This non-certification program teaches lay rescuers how help someone chocking and perform CPR on adults, children, and infants.
- Safe Sleep Guidelines - Helping you to reduce the risk of SIDS.
- SID Syndrome - Sudden Infant Death Syndrom is the leading cause of death for infants between 1 month and 12 months of age. Learn more today.
- Car Seat Safety – Child car seat inspection station locator.