Crittenton Hospital Medical Center is working in partnership with your physician to provide education, resources, and support throughout your parenting years. Please contact Laura Mulligan at email@example.com or (248) 652-5919 for assistance.
Mommy Monday Walking Group:
This group meets Monday mornings from 10:30 -11:30 am at the Village of Rochester Hills from May through October (weather permitting). This is a great way to get some fresh air, a little exercise and meet some new friends.
Note: Some classes do charge a fee, please see specific web link for charges and class schedules.
- Breastfeeding provides optimal nutrition and bonding for your infant, but it does not always come easy. This monthly group, led by a certified lactation consultant, is designed to provide support and education on common breastfeeding concerns. Mothers are encouraged to bring their babies.
- When: 1st Wednesday of every month, 11:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m
- Where: Crittenton Hospital’s classroom 2A, located in the North building
- No registration required and there is no fee
For more information, contact Laura Mulligan at 248-652-5919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent Talk Workshop—This two-session workshop is designed to help parents use effective verbal skills to raise responsible, caring, and confident children. Based on the book Parent Talk, this is a communication system that models and promotes respect, encourages appropriate behavior, and delivers consequences and discipline when children choose behaviors that are inappropriate.
CPR and Safety
- CPR for Friends and Family—This non-certification program teaches lay rescuers how help someone chocking and perform CPR on adults, children, and infants.
Big Brother – Big Sister
- Your children may have lots of questions about your pregnancy and a few anxieties about what life will be like with a new baby around! This special class for siblings-to-be can help them learn about the coming event in a positive way and participate fully in all the preparation. Kids will tour The Birthplace to see where mom will stay. Suggested for children ages 3 and up.
Online Baby Care Class
- This online program focuses on feeding your newborn, baby care and safety, as well as mother care, post-delivery. Participants will receive materials to complete at home.
- Coffective: The “We’re Prepared” Checklist and Mobile App help families prepare for the hospital, build their care team and communicate their wishes.
- Great Start Collaborative: Developmental screenings, high quality home visiting programs and support for social-emotional development help children get off to a healthy start.
- Great Start to Quality: Helps parents find the best early learning and childcare settings for their children and helps providers and educators improve the care they give to children.
- La Leche League
- Lapeer County Health Department: Services for residents, including Maternal Infant Health Program.
- MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
- Oakland County Breastfeeding Coalition: Breastfeeding support, networking, advocacy and program development among community members and professionals.
- Oakland County Health Department: Information about services, immunizations, and screenings available to residents.
- Oakland County Moms