Crittenton Hospital is home to expert obstetricians, neonatologists, highly trained nurses, and a compassionate staff. This powerful team is in place to ensure that the care you and your baby need is all in one location at Crittenton.
For our patients, this means the peace of mind of knowing that you have a Crittenton doctor and that your hospital has certified experts on staff for all mother-baby health. Our experts are available for your planned needs, but most importantly, our team is in place to care for the unexpected needs as well. You can be at ease knowing those experts are already available at your hospital, waiting to help if you need them.
- Gestational Diabetes - The Crittenton Diabetes Education & Nutrition Center can help moms create a healthy meal plan to manage gestational diabetes during their pregnancy.
- Maternity Classes - The Community Health & Education department at Crittenton has tons of classes for moms, dads, grandparents, siblings, and more to get you and your family ready for your new baby.
- Parenting Resources - Whether you are looking for support or the latest resources for new parents, Crittenton has parenting resources available for all our parents.
William Blessed, MD, and Jennifer Caruso, DO, are now providing Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) services at Crittenton Hospital. Dr. Blessed’s area of special expertise is Maternal-Fetal Medicine which includes the management of high-risk pregnancies, prenatal diagnosis, genetics and prenatal ultrasound.
Dr. Caruso also specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine, providing care to mothers and their unborn children. Her special interests include fetal diagnosis through ultrasound and diagnostic testing and management of maternal chronic conditions including diabetes and hypertension. Plus, she was born right here at Crittenton – delivered by Dr. Duff.
Services offered in Crittenton’s Maternal Fetal Medicine program include:
- Pre-conceptual consultations
- Antenatal consultations for medical management of chronic conditions
- Complete anatomy ultrasounds
- Genetic counseling
- Prenatal testing
- Post-partum management
- Fetal echocardiogram
For more information, contact the MFM Department at 248-652-5547.
A neonatologist is a board certified pediatrician who specializes in caring for ill or premature newborn infants. Crittenton has multiple neonatologists on staff to help care for any newborns who need extra medical attention. At Crittenton, we have the experts you need right on staff so you can continue your care and your baby’s care right here at Crittenton.