Whether you are looking to lose weight, eat healthier, or manage a chronic disease like diabetes, Ascension Crittenton’s Diabetes Education and Nutrition Counseling Center can help you achieve your health goals. Nutrition counseling services (medical nutrition therapy) are provided on an individual basis by registered dietitians and nurse practitioners who can meet with you regarding any nutritional concern. Our goal is to help you create habits that are sustainable and modify your lifestyle to support your new health goals.
We are available to meet with you on all nutrition services, including:
- Weight loss/ obesity
- Sports nutrition
- Pregnancy planning
- Food allergies
- Cholesterol and lipid management
- Insulin resistance
- High blood pressure management
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Renal or kidney disease
- Celiac disease
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
Setting up your appointment:
- Your first appointment will range from 1 to 1 ½ hours and includes an assessment of your health needs and personal goals. You will meet with a registered dietitian about your goals.
- You will receive customized meal planning and educational tools to help you succeed.
- Follow up appointments are scheduled as needed to ensure that you are comfortable with your progress.
Many nutrition counseling services may be covered by your insurance with a physician referral. Talk to your primary care doctor and insurance company to learn about your coverage or contact us. We can help you determine what is covered and the best way for you to modify your lifestyle to achieve your health goals. We are there every step of the way.