Ascension Crittenton Emergency Services is ready to serve you with top physicians, outstanding nurses, expert support staff and advanced technology. Just minutes from home we offer the Rochester community world-class care, from minor injuries to life-threatening illnesses.
What differentiates Ascension Crittenton emergency care from other area facilities:
- Cardiac arrest patients have a 14.4% better chance of surviving when treated at Ascension Crittenton compared to the State of Michigan average.
- Most patients are seen by a healthcare provider in just 4 minutes after they arrive!
- Our Emergency Department is coordinated with over 15 local EMS agencies, including both municipal fire departments and private EMS providers, and can transmit EKGs to the hospital from your home or business. We receive over 1000 EKG’s annually which are transmitted wirelessly from our EMS providers to our emergency room physicians for review, long before the ambulance arrives with the patient.
- For patients with a heart attack, we can relieve an artery blockage in an average of only 44.1 minutes which is almost 15 minutes faster than other area hospitals – and half of the national average. That’s important because every 15-minute delay in restoring blood flow adds a 3.8% increase in mortality in a patient’s first year following the heart attack.
- We are the only area hospital to offer online check in for emergency room visits, which means you can check in for the time you plan to arrive.
- Our EMS mobile app was designed by EMS providers for EMS providers, and allows for real-time patient status in the emergency department.
- Our ER is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by board-certified Emergency Medicine physicians.
Our emergency care gets high recognition across the board:
- Ascension Crittenton earned 97th percentile rankings in a 2016 HCAHPS patient assessment for overall ER care.
- Ascension Crittenton has been nationally accredited by the Joint Commission, in conjunction with The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, as a Primary Stroke Center for the past 6 years.
- Ascension Crittenton is nationally accredited as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC).
- Ascension Crittenton is currently recognized by the Oakland County Medical Control Authority as a Provisional Trauma Center providing 24-hour trauma surgery, orthopedic and neurosurgery coverage.
If you are currently in an emergency situation, please call 911 immediately. Ascension Crittenton’s Emergency Department is located on the west side of the hospital and accessible from University and Livernois.