Crittenton offers complete emergency services – from minor injuries to life-threatening illnesses. What differentiates Crittenton emergency care from other area facilities:
- An ER staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by board-certified Emergency Medicine physicians
- Recognition as a Provisional Trauma Center by the Oakland County Medical Control Authority
- We’re partnered with over 15 EMS agencies including both municipal fire departments and private EMS providers
- We receive over 1000 EKG’s annually which are transmitted wirelessly from our EMS providers to our emergency room physicians for review, long before the ambulance arrives with the patient
Our emergency care gets high recognition across the board:
- A 2016 HCAHPS patient assessment earned Crittenton top rankings in the 97th percentile for overall ER care.
- The Joint Commission, in conjunction with The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, has recognized Crittenton with Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.
- Crittenton has earned the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care’s (SCPC) Chest Pain Center Accreditation.
If you are currently in an emergency situation, please call 911 immediately. Crittenton’s Emergency Department is located on the west side of the hospital and accessible from University and Livernois.