The Crittenton cardiovascular program is ranked among the top in the nation, and provides a path to excellent heart health. When patients arrive through the emergency room doors or through the Shelton Heart Center, they will be entering a cardiovascular program that specializes in Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Cardiac Arrhythmia, and Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Additionally, Crittenton offers classes on various topics including cardiovascular disease, stroke prevention, managing a heart attack, women and heart disease and more. Learn more about Crittenton’s stroke and chest pain center cardiovascular accreditations.
When you enter the ER at Crittenton, you’ve made your first step to the path to recovery. Emergency cardiology patients can expect to be seen immediately, receiving a complete medical workup upon arrival at Crittenton.
Crittenton remains state-of-the-art when it comes to cardiac diagnostics, routinely performing a wide range of procedures including:
- Cardiac Stress Testing to evaluate how the heart reacts to exercise
- Echocardiograms to provide a broader view of the heart
- CT Coronary Angiograms to look at how your arteries supply blood to the heart
At Crittenton, your cardiac team has access to the most advanced technology for seeing inside your heart, but it’s our unique hospital-ity that allows us to see the big picture and provide a comprehensive level of care you won’t find anywhere else.
When it comes to your heart, sometimes more is better. You want your cardiologist to have more experiences, your team to have access to more technology, and your hospital to provide more options for your treatment. Our cath labs perform hundreds of procedures per week and offer a full spectrum of non-surgical cardiac options, in one centralized location. With some of the nation’s top cardiologists and skilled nursing staff overseeing every aspect, you’ll feel much more confident that your heart is in the right hands.
Our cardiologists specialize in:
- Cardiac diagnostic & interventional procedures
- Device implants
- Peripheral vascular diagnostic and interventional procedures (including carotids)
- Interventional radiology procedures
- Transesophageal echocardiograms (TEEs) and cardioversions
While our interventional cardiologists can perform many procedures, from coronary angioplasty and stenting to carotid stenting, it’s the hospitality that makes patients glad they’ve chosen Crittenton.
Learn about how Crittenton performs the innovative and less invasive transradial procedure on cardiology patients.
Crittenton’s Cardiac Rehabilitation programs are designed to help those with heart disease get on a path to better heart health through education, exercise and enhancing their ability to reduce future heart risks. Our highly-skilled team will work together with you, your family and your physician to develop a personalized program that’s focused on maintaining or enhancing your quality of life throughout your recovery.
This is achieved through:
- Counseling to improve your emotional well-being
- Educating you on how to strengthen your heart and learn about healthy lifestyle changes
- Designing tailored exercise routines that improve your heart’s working capacity
- Interactive learning with nutrition tips and information about ways to reduce the risk of future hospitalization