Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activites. A Matther of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
* Classes meet twice a week for 4 weeks
* Each class is 2 hours
You Will Learn To:
* view falls as controllable
* set goals for increasing activity
* make changes to reduce fall risks at home
* exercise to increase strength and balance
Who Should Attend?
* anyone concerened about falls
* anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
* anyone who has fallen in the past
* anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Workshop instructors: Registered Nurse and a licensed Physical Therapist.
This program is being offered in partnership with the Area Agency on Aging 1-B
Mon September 8, 2014
Wed September 10, 2014
Mon September 15, 2014
Wed September 17, 2014
Mon September 22, 2014
Wed September 24, 2014
Mon September 29, 2014
Wed October 1, 2014