Volunteering means being a vital part of your community and hospital. Volunteers learn new skills, meet new people and reap the rewards of service to others while sharing their talents, time and energy.
If you are over the age of 18, you are eligible to volunteer at Crittenton Hospital Medical Center. Most volunteer opportunities are during daytime hours- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. There are a few openings on evenings and weekends. Your commitment is to serve a minimum of 100 hours over a 12 month period from your start date, e.g. September to August. (No summer program for college students at this time.)
Volunteers assist in almost every area of the hospital, providing valuable services for the comfort and well-being of our patients.Volunteer Today!
Some volunteer activities include:
- Providing clerical assistance
- Escorting patients / North Registration
- Assisting in the Gift Shop
- Delivering supplies
- Working in the Surgical Lounge / Pre-op Surgery
- Greeting families and visitors
- Working in ER
- Helping with patients and equipment in Rehabilitation Services
- Assisting medical staff in all departments / In-house Pharmacy
To become a volunteer, you need to commit to the following:
Attend a Crittenton Auxiliary Volunteer Orientation Meeting. Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of the month and meet in the front lobby of the hospital at 1:30 p.m. (No meetings in June, July, August and December)
- Complete the application provided at the meeting.
- Sign the “Authorization to Conduct Background Search and Conviction Criminal History” form.
- Receive your acceptance letter and contact the Volunteer Chairperson.
- Pay the $10.00 annual Auxiliary fee.
- Mandatory TB Test provided at no cost by the hospital.
- Mandatory annual flu shot provided at no cost by the hospital.
- Your department chairperson will contact you regarding details about your assignment including training, badge and purchase of uniform. Your jacket/shirt is purchased on the day of your training. (jackets- $13.00 to $17.00 and shirts- $13.00 to $16.00)
- Read and sign off on the “Environment of Care and Safety Handbook” provided by the chairperson.
- Notify your service chairperson and return your name badge when you resign from the Auxiliary.
Please call 248-652-5651 for the date and time of the next Volunteer Orientation Meeting.